7.272 Ragchew Net :: Forums :: 7272 NEWS :: 7.272 News

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Remembering KD8FDK (SK) - Rich in Solon, Ohio
Author Post
admin
Sat Aug 19 2017, 10:20AM
Webmaster - W8LWX

Registered Member #1

[It's been over a year since we lost KD8FDK-Rich, a longtime net controller for the 7.272 Ragchew and a friendly voice, day and night, on 40 meters.  We were pleased to receive this recently from Rich's YL, Barb:]

Rich wanted a ‘green’ burial (no embalming, no fancy casket and, sorry, no, it’s not cheaper).  We found a place called Foxfield that was just a big meadow and he just loved it so that’s what I did.  The headstone has to be natural to the area and just engraved, no polishing or finishing and no bigger than 12 x 18.  I wasn’t sure how much would fit on such a small stone (thought the name alone would be challenging) but I was pleasantly surprised.

I wanted it to reflect him as much as possible.  I can’t remember who thought of the fish but the first one with a cross reflects his faith and the other is for his second love of fishing. (I have found 20+ tackle boxes between the basement, attic, shed and garage – not even going to try to count the rods.  He was the same with his radios, most of it’s older stuff but he’s got lots of electronics too.)

Well, it’s not your normal stuffy headstone and thought you guys would get a kick out of it. (I know he would.)

Take care,          
Barb

(Click on image to enlarge)

Jump:     Back to top

Need to give us a holler? Use our Hollerin' Form.